Why did I decide to homeschool?
- I love my boys.
- I wanted to spend more time with them.
- I want what's best for them.
Why do I feel like I'm failing?
- I'm afraid Xander is becoming weird.
- Charlie doesn't seem to be able to learn anything.
- I feel like I'm constantly fighting against the boys, or it's Me/School vs. Them.
- They are dirty (have poor hygiene habits.)
- I find I'm folding easily and giving in on the things that are important to me because they're not important to them.
- The house is a mess.
- We've been eating out too much.
- Dinners are stupid. (They hated everything I was making, so we made a list of all dinners that were acceptable to them, and once a week only we'll try something 'new' ... their choice of dinners are kraft dinner and weiners, grilled cheese sandwiches and tomato soup ... that sort of thing.)
- I'm not getting any exercise and I'm getting fatter and fatter.
- I'm lonely for friends.
What's going right?
- There really has been an increase of love between me and the boys.
- Charlie seems to have increased confidence.
- I like having scripture study with them.
I'll write more about my thoughts on these things ... but you can stew on that for now!